Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe. The country is located at the northwest end of the Black Sea sharing its borders with Russia to the east, Belarus to the north, Poland to the northwest, Slovakia and Hungary to the west, and Romania to the south west and south, with Moldova in between. Ukraine is the second-largest country in Europe. At present, Ukraine is ranked at the fourth position in Europe for having the largest number of post graduates in fields of medicine. Ukraine has a number of Top Government Medical Universities offering MBBS, MD and other degrees in medicine to the local students as well as international students. All the medical universities in Ukraine are accredited by the world’s major organizations like WHO and UNESCO.
MBBS in Ukraine
Nowadays, Ukraine is gaining a lot of popularity among international students who want to pursue their MBBS from abroad. Ukraine comprises many of world class Government Medical Universities that offer MBBS, MD and other degrees in medicine at a very affordable price. The students who complete their MBBS or any other medical degree from a medical university of Ukraine are eligible to apply for job in any part of the world.
The complete duration of an MBBS program in Ukraine is 5.8 years. The students are not required to pass any entrance examination to get admission in a medical university in Ukraine. Thus Ukraine has made it very easy for the aspiring student to fulfil their dreams of becoming successful doctors.
The most popular medical fields of MBBS in the medical universities of Ukraine are listed below:
- General medicine
Why Study MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine Government is very keen on the improvement and development of medical education in the country. The medical universities get constant help from the Ukraine government for maintaining the standard of education. The students who graduate from a Ukraine Medical University can work in any part of the world. Here are some of the factors that attract the foreign students to get their MBBS degree from Ukraine:
- The quality of education and infrastructure in Ukraine medical colleges is very good.
- The government is always there to help the universities in resolving research and financial issues in education.
- The expense of MBBS in Ukraine and accommodation is very low.
- No donation is required to be paid by the student for getting admission in a medical college in Ukraine.
- Many extracurricular activities and sports activities are held in the medcal colleges that keep the students fit and active.
- The students are encouraged to take part in various seminars and international conferences.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine manages all the medical universities of Ukraine. These medical universities of Ukraine offer the best value for medical education for students from around the world in terms of quality, infrastructure and cost.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine has become one of the most preferable destinations for the aspiring students who want to study MBBS in abroad. Some of the advantages are listed below:
- The medical universities of Ukraine are recognised by WHO, UNESCO, MCI and medical councils of many other counties.
- The medium of instruction in Ukraine is English which makes it much easier for international students to adapt to the environment.
- The cost of accommodation is very low as compared to other countries like USA, UK and many European countries. Apart from this, the travel for students in Ukraine is very cheap. Students get special discounts for travelling within the country.
- The medical colleges of Ukraine offer high quality facilities to the students.
- The students studying MBBS in the universities of Ukraine are provided with various opportunities to participate in the international exchange programs, conferences, and other scientific projects in various international universities which opens more doors for them to achieve their goals in the field of medicine.
- Indian students who complete their MBBS from a Medical University of Ukraine can easily get a job in India as the MBBS degree obtained from a Ukraine University is recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Step by Step Admission Process
- Filling the University application form and submitting requisite documents and admission fee.
- Receiving admission letter and invitation letter describing the academic year details and fee structure.
- This process will take a maximum of 10 days.
- Upon receipt of Admission and Invitation Letter, we shall work upon Visa documentation process.
- which will take maximum of 2-3 weeks.
- Board the flight to Ukraine.
Eligibility : 12th Science / A Level PCB (Physics-Chemistry-Biology)
Duration : 5.8 Years
Intake : Sep 1st week
Holidays : July & August
Required documents for registration
- One set of photocopies of marks sheet of 10+2
- A valid passport (if you have)
- 2 photographs, size 3×4 cm, black and white on non-glossy paper
- Registration amount of Rs. 50,000 as draft or bank deposit/RTGS
We are Authorized Representatives of the following Universities of Ukraine
Uzhhorod National University
Uzhhorod National University is the state’s higher education institute which is recognized as the classic medical school in Ukraine. The institute holds the fourth grade, which is the highest accreditation level of Ukraine and its main aim is to accomplish the status of a medical research university.
Sumy State University
Sumy State University (SSU) is located in Sumy Oblast, in the historical region of Sloboda, Ukraine. As per the Webometrics Rating, Sumy State University ranks 6th in the worldwide internet rating. This rating was conducted among Ukrainian institutes of higher education in 2012.
Ternopil State Medical University
All educational programs are regulated and approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. The degrees and certificates issued to graduated foreign students by EduPedia Overseas Universities are legalized by the Ukrainian Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Odessa National Medical University
The institution started in 1900 as the Medical Faculty of the Novorossiyskiy State University in Odessa. The medical faculty soon became one of the most prestigious medical faculties in the Russian Empire. The Medical Faculty managed to survive the difficult and turbulent period of the early years of the Russian revolution.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University (IFNMU) was founded in 1945. IFNMU is one of the few Medical Universities in Ukraine to be conferred the Honour of being designated as a “National Medical University” by the Government of Ukraine. Students of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to apply for certification.
Kiev Medical University
Ukraine is very popular for its medical Universities. There are many world class medical universities in this country. There is very healthy competition among the medical university in Ukraine. Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine, which is also very secure place for the students to study. The cost of Living in Ukraine is also very much affordable.
Bogomolets National Medical University
Bogomolets national medical university established in 1841 is one of the institutes with excellence. The school is named after physiologist Alexander A. Bogomolets. O.O.Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv is hailed as one of the best medical institutions not only in Ukraine but also in Europe.
Kharkiv National Medical University
The Kharkiv National Medical University(KNMU) Ukraine is one of the oldest higher educational establishments of Ukraine. It was founded in 1805 as the Medical Faculty of the Kharkiv University. Kharkov Medical Institute, Kharkov National Medical University and Kharkov State Medical University are old names of Kharkiv National Medical University/KNMU.
|1st year Fees (Including Hostel and other charges) in US $
|1st year Fees (Including Hostel and other charges) in INR
|Fees per year (2nd – 6th Year) in US $
|Fees per year (2nd – 6th Year) in INR
|Total Course Cost with Hostel in INR
|Uzhhorod National University
|US $ 7,969
|US $ 4,350
|Sumy State University
|US $ 7,969
|US $ 4,350
|Ternopil State Medical University
|US $ 8,319
|US $ 4,550
|Odessa National Medical University
|US $ 8,319
|US $ 4,600
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
|US $ 8,319
|US $ 4,550
|Kiev Medical University
|US $ 8,369
|US $ 4,500
|Bogomolets National Medical University
|US $ 9,869
|US $ 5,500
|Kharkiv National Medical University
|US $ 7,200
|US $ 4,350